We understand your challenges. We’ve been there and know how to help.
What you can achieve through PRI:
- Records are processed and provided on time.
- A good RFP and successful CAD/RMS replacement.
- Crime data is accurate. The NIBRS transition goes well.
- A records purge is an annual thing.
- A staffing study to determine how many Records personnel are needed.
- Records staff are trained and the unit runs smoothly.
- Building a new records unit
- The department is in compliance. Liability is reduced.
! THE PROBLEMS…
Backlogs, non-compliance, inefficiencies
- Too many reports pend approval
- Crime data is stale
- Records unit is backlogged
- Files don’t get purged
- People who need records are frustrated
- Overtime is required
- There is a feeling of disorganization
HOW WE HELP FIX IT
- Reports not submitted by end of shift
- Inefficient workflows and organizational structure in Records
- Too many errors in reports
- Officers take too long to correct errors
- Key performance indicators aren’t tracked
HOW WE HELP
Collaborative, neutral 3rd-party audits, staffing studies, and process re-engineering.
- Peak operational efficiency
- Reduced workload and no backlogs
- New workflows
- Improved morale
- Better allocation of funding with verified staffing requirements
Take an agency self-assessment and download your findings report, free.
A sampling of agencies who have selected PRI for our exceptional services:
Backlogged public records requests
Too many requests for public records are pending, leading to long wait times and violation of the legal time requirements for providing them.
PUBLIC RECORDS MADE EASY. SEE HOW.
PUBLIC RECORDS LIABILITIES
- Lack of internal public records oversight. Turnaround time not tracked.
- Insufficient technology for processing requests
- Inefficient workflows
- Staffing shortage
- Unfamiliarity with public records laws
HOW WE HELP
We eliminate the backlog, get you into compliance and automate the process. We have developed a propriety workflow and public record request system that will allow requests to be managed in entirety online, including the redaction of and payment for records.
Your CAD/RMS needs replacement.
- The system demands daily support
- It crashes frequently
- Updates nearly always contain bugs
- Support is untimely
- Data is inconsistent
- The vendor charges for every small change
get help with your cad/rms project
CAUSES OF FAILED PROJECTS AND SELECTION OF BAD SYSTEMS
- Insufficient planning, research and due diligence
- Poorly written RFP
- Insufficient project management and outdated procurement procedure
HOW WE HELP
We specialize in CAD/RMS projects including needs assessments, RFP’s, project management and training. We have deep knowledge of the CAD/RMS marketplace and as a 100% vendor-neutral firm representing law enforcement, we can tell you what works and what doesn’t.
We DON’T do business with vendors. Some consulting firms do! Buyer beware. Make sure your project goes well.
- Modernized, user-focused selection process eliminating liability; no vendor protests.
- Time to RFP reduced by 50%. Reduction in staff workload related to project.
- Selection of a system that meets your needs well into the future.
- A guiding hand throughout the project.
See if your department is prepared for your project and download your findings report, free. Take the assessment…
Crime data is inaccurate. The transition to NIBRS has been a problem.
Crime data and case clearance rates are inconsistent and inaccurate. When the media finds out, they call the agency into question for cooking the books. Switching to NIBRS requires expertise the department doesn’t have.
how we resolve CRIME Data concerns
CAUSES OF BAD DATA
- Lack of quality control in report review process
- Monthly error-rate is not tracked
- No procedures exist to resolve the amount of errors
- Offense table errors in the RMS
- Report writing errors
- Lack of training
- Time and Place & Offenders Acting in Concert rules not followed
- Cases aren’t updated when other agencies make arrests on your warrants
- No report writing manual
HOW WE HELP
Crime stat audits. When law enforcement agencies have crime data problems, they turn to PRI. We are the only company around specializing in crime stat audits and helping you transition to NIBRS. We’ve audited some of the highest profile agencies which have been accused of faulty data.
- Corrected and verifiable data
- Sources of errors confirmed
- Elimination of risk
- Crime and clearance rates confirmed
We’ve worked with some of the smallest, and largest metropolitan agencies in need of resolution to crime data concerns.
Boxes of old records are piling up. Nobody knows what can be purged.
The inventory and purge would take months of staff time and backlog operations. Cases have not been updated according to court dispositions.
INVENTORY and PURGE HELP
- No retention schedules
- Records are printed out and filed
- Source documents are retained after being scanned
- Records are filed by case number instead of using a container method
- The department believes records should be kept forever, increasing liability
- Cases don’t get updated based upon court dispositions (purge eligibility unknown)
HOW WE HELP
Not only can we inventory and purge the records in lightning speed, we can re-engineer your record indexing and retention procedures so the backlog never happens again.
New retention schedules, new ways of doing business, and lot’s of work off your plate. Relief is here.
A new records unit must be built from the ground up.
Whether it’s a newly incorporated city or termination of contracted services, we build new records operations from the ground up.
HOW WE BUILD NEW RECORDS OPERATIONS
HOW WE HELP
End-to-end services including design, planning, hiring, procurement, training and technology services.
Our Proven Process
Our standard process, refined from years of experience, ensures everything goes according to plan and frees up your time to focus on the business of the day.
- Project team is assembled
- Work plan is developed
- Assess needs
- Deliver results
- Monitor progress
- Document everything
TAKE A FREE ONLINE AGENCY EVALUATION
Want to see how your department compares? Do you follow information management best practice and legal requirements? Take this comprehensive 10-minute assessment and get a free report instantly along with our Police Records and Tech Governance Guide.
- Calendar a free 30 minute needs assessment here and tell us about your needs.
- We’ll develop and provide you a plan of action.
- We’ll send a proposal describing how we can help and what it would cost.
Public concerns about the accuracy of the police department crime statistics have been addressed by this comprehensive review. The report details exactly how the errors occurred and what we need to do to fix them. This exhaustive report will serve as a basic template for every police department in the country that has experienced crime data errors.
Your experience and expertise in the area of police operations, crime data and records management was a valuable resource that I would be happy to call on again, should the need arise.