DISCOUNTED: If you register for a seminar, the manual can be purchased during the registration process online for $195. It will be emailed to you as an editable MS word doc.
BUY IT NOW: The manual is available here for purchase and download as an MS Word doc for $479.
Press ‘esc’ key to return to page after zooming the manual to full screen.
NIBRS Report Writing Manual
An off-the-shelf, yet customizable NIBRS Report Writing Manual. Written with officers, supervisors and records personnel in mind, it includes guidance and agency standards for writing reports. The manual will be emailed as a MS Word document and is designed to be customized to align with agency policy.
- NIBRS offense list and definitions
- NIBRS data elements and definitions
- Report writing standards
- Scenarios for officers
- Supervisor responsibilities
- Report review & correction policy
- Situations requiring a report
- By the end of shift policy
- How many reports do I write? (Time and Place Rule, Acting in Concert, Hotel Rule)
- How crimes are counted
- Clearing cases by exception
- Unfounding cases
- Error-tracking and performance metrics