DISCOUNTED: If you register for a seminar, the manual can be purchased during the registration process online for $195. It will be emailed to you as an editable MS word doc.
BUY IT NOW: The manual is available here for purchase and download as an MS Word doc for $479.
[pdf-embedder url=”https://policerecordsmanagement.com/wp-content/uploads/securepdfs/2018/11/Report-writing-manual-NIBRS-1.1.pdf” title=”NIBRS Report Writing Manual”]
NIBRS Report Writing Manual
NIBRS certification requires an agency-wide reporting error-rate of 3% or less.
An off-the-shelf, yet customizable NIBRS Report Writing Manual. Written with officers, supervisors and records personnel in mind, it includes the latest changes to NIBRS data elements which become effective January 2019. The manual will be emailed as a MS Word document.
- NIBRS offense list and definitions
- NIBRS data elements and definitions
- Report writing standards
- Scenarios for officers
- Supervisor responsibilities
- Report review & correction policy
- Situations requiring a report
- By the end of shift policy
- How many reports do I write? (Time and Place Rule, Acting in Concert, Hotel Rule)
- How crimes are counted
- Clearing cases by exception
- Unfounding cases
- Error-tracking and performance metrics